I needed to bind a manual and didn’t feel like punching holes every 10 sheets so I came up with my version of a hole “punch”. I used some pre-finished plywood and 4 bolts to clamp the paper together. The bolts also act as guides to make sure the holes are the same.
Here is a 1950’s vintage production drill press made by Buffalo Forge. This is a model 15M and according to Joe Silva, the full length cast aluminum hood is rare,
It has been a busy month so far; cleaning up the shop and finishing projects that have been neglected. Instead of posting about each project, I put them in one gallery…enjoy!
Awhile ago I created a custom cabinet to go under my drill press. In order to move the cabinet if I needed to lower the table, I had to make it “U” shaped to go around the base and post.
I finally got around to organizeing the drill bits and here is the first drawer almost done. What remains is to make labels for the drawers. Binder clips may be the best option for moveable labels.
There are 3 more drawers to go…
Here is functional restoration and deep cleaning on a rescued Singer Model 29-4. For the most part, it is functional and didn’t appear to have many repairs or “fixes”.
At first, all I was going to do was make a shelf with drawers however that quickly turned into a complete tear down and additional upgrades. After working through the layers of grime, paint and varnish (that somebody thought would be a nice addition), I got down to the original japanning and decals.
All the parts were cleaned, polished, tuned up (if needed) and reassembled with some current lube that won’t turn everything black.
Next on the tasklist is to cleanup the stand and find a donor sewing machine for a motor and footpedal. LED lighting and some new decals will complete the project…I think.
Helping a friend clean out his dad’s garage and came across an old chainsaw collecting dust on a shelf. It appeared intact and still turned over with good compression.
The layer of chain oil and sawdust had preserved the saw and it looked much better after it had a bath. Given it had no spark, I am assuming that is why it was not used recently. The old gas had evaporated and varnished the inside tank…so thick it peeled off in a sheet.
I replaced the fuel lines and upgraded the points with an electronic ignition. Adding a dog spike completed the initial restoration.
Off to the paint shop next…